External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar unveiled Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s bust in India House in Suva and interacted with a large gathering of members of the diaspora community. S. Jaishankar informed that he was privileged to unveil a bust of Sardar Patel at the India House in Suva, Fiji. His vision of a united, stronger nation remains an inspiration for all Indians.
Addressing the Indian Diaspora in Fiji, Jaishankar stated that the Indian community has achieved its milestones and is today an enormous asset to India, the country where they live, and to the world.
External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar Unveiled Bust of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in Fiji- Key Points
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar during his community address in Suva, Fiji, informed that when studying the Indo-Pacific, shows Fiji is an important partner with whom India has a historic and established relationship.
- Jaishankar, who is in Fiji from 15th to 17th February attended the 12th World Hindi Conference and held bilateral meetings with Fiji’s leadership during his first day-long visit to Suva on February 16.
- Jaishankar called on the President of Fiji, Ratu Williame Katonivere at the State House and launched along with the Fijian President, the Government of India-funded project for the Solarisation of the Pacific Heads of State Residence at the State House in Suva.
- The project is the inaugural pilot of the Solar Head of State initiative launched by the Pacific Islands Development Forum (PIDF) in Fiji and funded by the India-UN Development Partnership Fund.
- He had meetings with the Prime Minister of Fiji Sitiveni Ligamamada Rabuka and senior members of the Fijian cabinet including the three Deputy Prime Ministers, Ministers for Home Affairs, Health, Education, Multi-ethnic Affairs, and Sugar.
- During the bilateral meeting with the PM, both leaders took stock of the bilateral relations and discussed ways and means to further strengthen the development partnership between India and Fiji in various areas, including capacity building, health, education, agriculture, and Information Technology.
- EAM, Ministers of State V Muraleedharan, and MPs attending the 12th World Hindi Conference also visited the Siva Subramanya Kovil in Nadi.
- During his visit to Suva, EAM inaugurated the renovated Girmit Gallery in the Fiji Museum, which has been supported by the Government of India under bilateral grant-in-aid. The Gallery showcases the journey of the Girmits (Indian indentured laborers) in Fiji.
- India and Fiji signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on visa exemption for holders of diplomatic and official passports. External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Fiji’s Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka witnessed the MoU exchange.
- UIDAI Launched New AI Chatbot Aadhaar Mitra in India
- PM Modi Virtually Inaugurated Jal Jan Abhiyan in Rajasthan