The Himachal Pradesh government gave nod to a drone policy as it seeks to enable the use of drones and similar technology for different public services in the hill state. The ‘Himachal Pradesh Drone Policy 2022’ was approved by the chief minister Jai Ram Thakur. The policy envisions creating a holistic drone ecosystem built upon the foundation of Governance and Reforms Using Drones (GARUD). With this new drone policy, Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country to formally acknowledge the public use of drones.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the “Himachal Pradesh Drone Policy 2022”:
- Himachal’s drone policy mainly focuses on creating drone-enabled technology, creation of manpower through the establishment of training schools, startup and innovation schemes, and more.
- The policy aims to propagate the use of drone-enabled technology in different sectors such as defence, transport, health, agriculture and more.
- Delivery of medicines, medical equipment, and other essential supplies will also commence with the help of drones in pandemic-affected and remote areas.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Himachal Pradesh Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter);
- Himachal Pradesh Governor: Rajendra Arlekar;
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur.