The first Prime Minister GatiShakti regional workshop for the Western and Central Zone was held in Goa. The workshop featured discussions on use cases of National Master Plan (NMP) adoption by Central Ministries & State Departments for planning and acted as a platform for mutual learning among the States and Central Ministries/Departments.
Sumita Dawra, Special Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry and senior government officials from Central Ministries and State Governments of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Chhattisgarh, and Madhya Pradesh were present on the occasion.
First PMGati Shakti Workshop Held in Goa for Western & Central Zone – Key Points
- Secretary, DPIIT Anurag Jain while addressing the gathering stated that PM GatiShakti will start the virtuous cycle of pulling in private investments, increasing production, employment, and growth.
- He added that the GatiShakti NMP was launched to propel the nation towards achieving the goal of Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- He also noted that the root cause of many problems faced by the common man is the huge disconnect between macro-level planning and its implementation at the micro level and that the GatiShakti NMP is a huge step towards resolving the same.
- Synergies can be built to ensure integrated planning, synchronized implementation, and monitoring of infrastructure, economic and social sector projects/schemes through this platform, added Secretary Anurag Jain.
- Special Secretary, DPIIT Sumita Dawra observed that since the launch of PM GatiShakti on 13th Oct 2021 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, several milestones such as the launch of a National Logistics Policy have been achieved.
- Tracing the progress made under PM GatiShakti NMP, she added that as of today over 1300 layers have been uploaded.
- 30 Individual portals of Central Ministries and 36 States/UTs State Master Plan portals have also been developed.