Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurated the 33rd Police-Public Mela at Gulshan Ground, Jammu. LG Manoj Sinha informed that the Police-Public Mela has emerged as a powerful platform for police officers and the public to interact and celebrate the shared heritage.
He commended the Jammu and Kashmir Police Wives Welfare Association (JKPWWA) for carrying out numerous initiatives around the year to address the concerns of the families of martyrs and serving personnel.
LG Manoj Sinha Inaugurated 33rd Police-Public Mela in Jammu- Key Points
- The LG while addressing the gathering informed that Jammu and Kashmir Police Wives Welfare Association (JKPWWA) is doing exceptional work in promoting welfare measures for JKP Jawans and their families.
- He also paid tributes to the martyrs of J&K Police who devoted their lives to serving and protecting the nation.
- The LG noted that the nation will be forever grateful to the Bravehearts and their families who made supreme sacrifices for the sovereignty and integrity of the country.
- Later, the LG went around the stalls put up by various Police establishments, Districts, and JKRLM and also interacted with the police families.
About Jammu and Kashmir Police
The Jammu and Kashmir Police or JKP is the law enforcement agency of Jammu and Kashmir (union territory). JKP was established in 1873 and has primary responsibilities in law enforcement and investigation within Jammu and Kashmir in India.
The first specific Jammu & Kashmir police force came into existence in the year 1873 with one police officer known as Kotwal and 14 Thanedars for Srinagar City. This police force would control crime and take care of law-and-order situations with help of Chowkidars and Harkars, who were paid mandatorily by the residents of Imperial Kashmir Union.
- Ladakh to host India’s First Frozen-Lake Marathon at Pangong Tso
- Delhi government banned Ola, Rapido, Uber bike taxi services