The Pangong Tso Lake in Ladakh will host the first-ever frozen lake marathon on 20th February 2023, at an altitude of roughly 13,862 feet. The first-ever frozen lake marathon which is of 21-kilometer is India’s first of its kind. The marathon will occur at a height of 13,862 feet and it will be the first of its kind to ever take place in the globe at this altitude.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Ladakh to host India’s First Frozen-Lake Marathon at Pangong Tso – Key Points
- On 20th February Adventure Sports foundation of Ladakh (ASFL) in collaboration with Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council Leh and Ladakh Tourism Department is going to organize India’s first 21 km long Pangong Frozen Lake Marathon.
- It would be an attempt to make a Guinness world record for the world’s highest frozen lake marathon according to Chief Executive Councilor LAHDC Leh Advocate Tashi Gyalson.
- Deputy commissioner Leh Shrikant Balasaheb Suse informed that the purpose of organizing this frozen lake marathon is to promote sustainable tourism and create awareness about climate and the environment.
- The marathon is the brainchild of the Adventure Sports Foundation of Ladakh (ASFL), who have nicknamed it “The Last Run” to highlight a bleak reality given the precarious state of Himalayan glaciers due to global warming, parts of the lake may be unfit for a race of this kind in the years to come.
- President ASFL, Chamb Tsetan informed that it will be a once-in-a-lifetime-experience with the Pangong Frozen Lake Marathon to be held on 20 February 2023
- Participants will run on frozen sheets of ice on the majestic Pangong Lake during the one-day event. He informed that the reason it is being referred to as the final run is that Pangong Lake won’t be able to ice shortly owing to climate change.
- DMRC: India To Get It’s First National Metro Rail Knowledge Centre In Delhi
- Mansukh Mandaviya Inaugurated IFFCO Nano Urea Liquid Plants at Aonla and Phulpur
Find More Miscellaneous News Here