The 2021 G20 (Group of Twenty) Summit was held in Rome, Italy on October 30 and 31, 2021. It was the 16th meeting of the G20 group. The meeting was held under the chairmanship of Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi. The summit concluded with the adoption of the Rome Declaration by G20 Leaders.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Agenda and Moto of the Summit:
- Moto: People, Planet, and Prosperity
- Agenda: climate change, economic recovery, the pandemic and the global minimum corporate tax rate.
The final document committed the G20 member’s nation leaders to the following:
- providing $100 billion every year from now until 2025 to counter climate change.
- to end international financing for all new coal plants by the end of 2021,
- take action to limit global warming at 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.
- strengthen the WHO on Emergency Use Authorisation (EUA) for Covid-19 vaccines.
- Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi led the Indian delegation at the Summit.
- The Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal was India’s G20 sherpa or personal representative of the head of government.
Find More Summits and Conferences Here