Ministry of Jal Shakti is organizing Ganga Utsav- The River Festivals 2022 on 4th November 2022 at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in New Delhi in two separate sessions. The Ganga Utsav- The River Festivals 2022 is being organized by the collaboration of The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, and the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
NMGC will make Ganga Utsav- The River Festivals 2022 more colorful with the active and inspirational participation of multiple stakeholders. One of the main objectives of Ganga Utsav 2022 is to celebrate rives and spread awareness of the significance of river rejuvenation across river basins in India.
Key Points related to the Ganga Utsav- The River Festivals 2022
- Ganga Utsav- The River Festivals 2022 will include a blend of art, culture, music, knowledge, poetry, dialogue, and stories.
- The event will be held in New Delhi and will be felicitated by renowned artists Dr. G. Padmaja, Padma Shri, Sh. Banerjee, Ms. Megha Nair, and Sh. Bimal Jain.
- Several activities like puppet shows, film screenings, painting, pottery, and nest-making workshops will be held.
- A mini food stall will also be a part of this event which will include food stalls from Uttrakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and West Bengal.
- The Ganga Utsav 2022- The River Festival is being developed as a model for River Festivals to connect people to the rivers and inculcate their importance.
- All mediums, print and digital are being leveraged to reach out to the largest number of people and efforts have been made to organize Ganga Utsav 2022 in a way that sees massive participation from the grassroots organizations, on-ground cadres of volunteers, and district administrators.
- The festival will continue at different levels and through various central and district levels platforms, the activities will take place through partners, stakeholders, and an army of volunteers, who are joining the drive to clean rivers, ecology, and the environment.