One Nation One Fertilizer: The government issued an order requiring all businesses to market their goods under the brand name “Bharat” in order to standardize fertiliser brands across the nation. According to the One Nation One Fertilizer order, irrespective of the company that manufactures it, whether in the public or private sector, all fertiliser bags, whether containing urea, di-ammonium phosphate (DAP), muriate of ootash (MOP), or NPK, will sport the brand name “Bharat Urea,” “Bharat DAP,” “Bharat MOP,” and “Bharat NPK.”
One Nation One Fertilizer: Key Points
- Fertilizer firms have reacted negatively to the decision of One Nation One Fertilizer, stating it will “destroy their brand value and market distinction.”
- The judgment further stipulated that the bags must bear the single brand name and emblem of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janurvarak Pariyojana (PMBJP), the One Nation One Fertilizer program under which the Central Government annually provides subsidies to the fertiliser firms.
- The decision of One Nation One Fertilizer could be detrimental to the fertiliser industry because brands, in addition to differentiating products, also aid in establishing a company’s reputation among farmers.
One Nation One Fertilize: Firms Efforts
- Fertilizer firms engage in a variety of extension efforts, including field-level demonstrations, crop surveys, and other events where their brands are prominently displayed and help to connect with farmers. Everything will now end under One Nation One Fertilizer.
- In the meantime, the One Nation One Fertilizer order stated that starting on September 15, fertiliser companies would not be permitted to purchase old-style bags and that the new system would take effect on October 2, 2022.
- The companies have until December 12 to remove all of their previous bag designs from the market under One Nation One Fertilizer.