Alphabet Inc-owned, Google has acquired Israeli cybersecurity startup Siemplify, in a deal worth $500 million. This acquisition will expand the U.S. tech giant’s security offerings in the country amid rising cyber-attacks. Siemplify will be integrated into Google Cloud’s Chronicle operation. As a part of Google Cloud’s security team, Siemplify will help companies better manage their threat response.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the Acquisition:
- This purchase marks the fourth acquisition of an Israeli company by Google and its first in the cybersecurity industry outside the US.
- Siemplify was founded in 2015 by Amos Stern (CEO), Alon Cohen (CTO) and Garry Fatakhov (COO). It has offices in Tel Aviv and headquarters in New York.
- Siemplify specializes in end-to-end security services for enterprises, typically referred to as security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) services.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai;
- Google Founded: 4 September 1998, California, United States;
- Google Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin.