Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched a scheme named ‘Jagananna Vasthi Deevena’. This scheme is for students pursuing various post-Intermediate courses to meet hostel and mess expenses.
Benefits of the scheme:
- The scheme would provide financial assistance of Rs 2,300 crore in total. In total, 11,87,904 students pursuing ITI, polytechnic, under-graduate and post-graduate education would benefit from the scheme.
- ITI students would get Rs 10,000 each, polytechnic students would get Rs 15,000 and under-graduates and post-graduates Rs 20,000 each.
- The students would get the amount in two installments directly in their bank accounts. They will get in February and July every year.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Biswabhushan Harichandan is the current Governor of Andhra Pradesh.
- Capital City of Andhra Pradesh: Amaravati.