Grammy Award 2023
Ricky Kej, a musician, won his third Grammy Award for the album “Divine Tides,” which he co-wrote with rock legend Stewart Copeland. This is undoubtedly a proud moment for India. The Indian music producer and composer from Bengaluru received the prize for “Divine Tides” after being nominated in the category of Best Immersive Audio Album. At the live event held at the Crypto.com venue in Los Angeles, USA, the outcome was revealed.
About Ricky Kej Grammy win
- In 2022, Kej and Copeland won another Grammy for Best New Age Album for their collaboration on this song. The musician also received a prize for his 2015 album, “Winds of Samsara.”
- “Divine Tides,” a tribute to the beauty of our natural world, features artists from all across the world.
- The 9 tracks on this highly regarded album and its 8 music videos were shot in locations all over the world, from the breathtaking Indian Himalayas to Spain’s chilly woodlands.
About Ricky Kej
- Ricky Kej, an Indian music composer and environmentalist who was born on August 5, 1981, is a two-time Grammy Award winner and three-time nominee.
- He has performed in over 30 different nations, including Geneva and the New York and New York locations of the UN. Kej was introduced as a UNHCR “Goodwill Ambassador” in December 2022.
- Ricky is only the fourth Indian and youngest person from India to have won a Grammy Award.
- American musician and composer Stewart Copeland is a five-time Grammy Award winner. He is the band’s founder and drummer. The Police is a British rock band that has sold more than 75 million albums worldwide.