Indian-American Congressman Dr. Ami Bera has been appointed as a member of a powerful US House Committee handling intelligence-related matters. The House Permanent Selection Committee on Intelligence is charged with providing oversight of the country’s intelligence activities, including the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI), National Security Agency (NSA) as well as the military intelligence programs.
Indian-American Ami Bera Appointed to House Intelligence Committee- Key Points
- Dr. Bera informed that he is honored to be appointed by Leader Jeffries to serve on the House Intelligence Committee which plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and national security of the United States.
- Dr. Ami Beri, a six-time congressman represents the sixth Congressional District of California.
- He has also served on the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee.
- During the 117th Congress, Bera served as Chair of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific, Central Asia, and Non-proliferation, where he spearheads Congressional efforts to strengthen ties with Indo-Pacific allies and partners to advance the US economic and security interests.
- In the 117th Congress, Indian American Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi served on the House Intelligence Committee.