‘Bank on Wheel’ Van in Gujarat
HDFC Bank has unveiled its state-of-the-art ‘Bank on Wheel’ van in Gujarat. The Bank in Wheel van service will take banking services to unbanked villages. The Bank in Wheel van will visit remote villages located 10-25 km from the nearest branch to further financial inclusion, under the HDFC Bank’s newly initiated Rural Banking Business.
Key Points related to ‘Bank on Wheel’
- The Bank in Wheel initiative is a part of a pilot project to offer banking services in unbanked locations.
- Customers can access 21 banking products as well as services.
- The Bank in Wheel van will be operational at each location for a specific period and will cover 3 villages in a day.
- The Bank in Wheel van will reach and visit each village twice a week.
- HDFC Bank is one of India’s Premier Banks providing a wide range of financial products and services using multiple distribution channels including a pan-India network.
About HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai. It is India’s largest private sector bank by assets and the world’s 10th largest bank by market capitalization.