HDFC Bank has been named under ‘Most Innovative Best Practice’ at the coveted Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Digital Transformation Award 2021 or CII DX Award 2021. It will be recognized for the HDFC’s efforts in world-class financial inclusion in Village Level Executive (VLE) centres along with the Government of India’s Common Service Centres (CSC).
HDFC Bank focuses on financial inclusion by offering an entire bouquet of its world-class products through CSC’s network of VLE centres:
- 1.1 lakh VLE (Village Level Executive) centres run by CSC e-Governance
- Of these, over 1 lakh VLE centres are in Rural & Semi-Urban locations
- These locations cover close to 50,000 villages across India
- These villages are spread across 685 districts and 5,176 sub-districts
- Additionally, the bank has 5,686 branches across 2929 cities/ towns – 50 per cent of these are located at Rural & Semi-Urban locations.