Hitachi Astemo installed its India’s first ground-mounted solar power plant of 3 megawatts (MW) at its Jalgaon manufacturing plant. The 3 megawatts (MW) solar power plant will be built in an area of 43301 sqm. The ground-mounted solar power plant will consist of 7128 ground-mounted solar panels and 10 inverters. Hitachi Astemo is known for the development, manufacture, sale, and service of automotive and transportation components. This solar power plant will embark on its new journey in the field of sustainable energy in India.
- Hitachi is working to reduce its carbon emissions and become carbon neutral by 2050. With this plant, the company would be able to eliminate close to 4000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions each year. This will be equal to planting around 1,50,000 trees.
- The installation of the 3-megawatt solar power plant is just the beginning of the company’s plan in which it will commission an additional 1.5-megawatt solar power plant by March 2023.
- At its Jalgaon plant, the company produces brake systems for 3-wheeler and 4-wheelers. They include manufacturing disc brakes and drum brakes. Along with this, the plant is also indulged in foundry operations.
- One of the subsidiaries of the Japanese firm Hitachi, Hitachi Astemo was established in 2021. The company is constantly working to provide efficient modifications in the automobile industry.
- Recently, Hitachi Astemo along with Hitachi had developed thin-type inverter technology for EVs. The technology makes the machine more compact as well as energy efficient.