Hughes Communication India (HCI), has collaborated with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), to launch its first high throughput satellite (HTS) broadband internet service in the country. Since last year, the company has been testing its operations in northern India.
Through the first high throughout satellite (HTS) broadband internet service, the company has promised to deliver high-speed satellite broadband service to remote locations across India from the desolate part of Leh Ladakh to the northeastern part of India.
Key Points related to Satellite Internet Service by ISRO and HCI
- The company is assisting the Indian Army and Paramilitary forces patrolling the LAC and other remote border outputs with the help of HTS Technology.
- The launch event was facilitated by the ISRO Chairman Dr. S Somnath who said that the partnership will improve people’s lives with this collaboration.
- The HCI and ISRO collaboration aims to provide and deliver excellent quality satellite broadband services.
- The major customers of HTS Services are cooperative banks, telecommunications 4G operators, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- Today, Hughes has 1 Gbps of capacity on HTS, however, in the future, it aims to expand it up to 10 Gbps to 100 Gbps.