The Indian Air Force (IAF) participated in Exercise Shinyuu Maitri with the Japan Air Self-Defence Force (JASDF). The Exercise Shinyuu Maitri is being organized on the sidelines of the Indo-Japan Joint Army Exercise, Dharma Guardian, which was conducted from 13 February 2023 to 02 March 2023 at Komatsu, Japan.
IAF Participated in Exercise Shinyuu Maitri with Japan Air Self-Defense Force – Key Points
- The Indian Air Force is participating in Exercise Shinyuu Maitri 23 with one C-17 Globemaster III aircraft.
- The Exercise has been conducted on the 1st and 2nd of March 2023. The first phase of the exercise consists of discussions on transport operations and tactical maneuvering, followed by the second phase of flying drills by IAF’s C-17 and JASDF C-2 transport aircraft.
- The exercise provided an opportunity for the respective subject matter experts to interact and study each other’s operational philosophies and best practices.
- The exercise also enhanced mutual understanding and interoperability between the IAF and the JASDF.
- Exercise Shinyuu Maitri 23 is yet another step in the expanding defense cooperation between the two countries; as well as for the IAF to operate in diverse environments across the globe.
- The exercise is being conducted at a time when the IAF’s heavy lift transport aircraft fleet is also taking part in Exercise Desert Flag VIII in UAE and Exercise Cobra Warrior in the UK.
- Indian Army to Buy 310 Indigenous Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System
- IPS officer Rashmi Shukla named Director-General of SSB