The Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICG) named C-453 was commissioned into services in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This was the 17th interceptor boats out of the 18 which are being indigenously built by Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
About the C-453:
- It is a 27.80-m-long interceptor boat. The boat has a displacement of 105 tonnes. It can attain a maximum speed of 45 knots (85 kmph).
- It is capable to undertake multifarious tasks such as surveillance, close-coast patrol, interdiction, and search & rescue. It will also provide assistance to the boats and craft in case of distress at sea.
Functions of the interceptor boat:
The ship will be deployed to do surveillance of the Exclusive Economic Zone and other duties in accordance with the Coast Guard Charter. This will help in safeguarding the maritime interests of India.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd Founded: 7 February 1938, Mumbai.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd Headquarters: Mumbai.