- Covid-19 tests should only be done at ICMR-approved laboratories, as cyber fraudsters are exploiting the pandemic by impersonating workers of lesser-known labs and issuing false reports.
- The ICMR has released the list of the laboratories that are approved for the testing procedure. You can find the details of the ICMR approved laboratories here ICMR approved laboratories.
- As many residents are opting for private labs for various COVID-19-related tests due to excessive traffic at civic and state-run hospitals.
- Many of them use their mobile phones, laptops, and computers to make appointments at neighbouring private labs online, allowing cyber thieves to take advantage of them.
BEWARE OF CYBER FRAUDS
- Cyber criminals take advantage of the circumstance by offering house visits to collect samples and then defrauding patients by emailing them false or negative test results.
- Because of the scams, only visit or arrange appointments with labs that have been approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)