According to a formal announcement, Jharkhand came out on top in the Syama Prasad Mookerjee Rurban Mission’s delta ranking for the month of June with a composite score of 76.19. As a result, the state has moved up to number eight in the mission’s overall ranking. The state’s score in the delta ranking increased by 1.93 points from the previous month, the most increase among the 34 states and union territories.
- The mission was started by the Center in 2016 with the goals of promoting regional economic growth, upgrading essential services, and developing well-planned Rurban clusters.
- According to state rural development department secretary Dr. Manish Ranjan, the improved work done in each of the areas is what has caused the good improvement, which is reflected in Jharkhand’s ranking.
- According to state MGNREGA commissioner Rajeshwari B, the Union Ministry of Rural Development has announced the delta rating for the month of June, in which Jharkhand placed first nationwide in the delta ranking and ninth overall.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- State rural development department secretary: Dr. Manish Ranjan
- MGNREGA commissioner: Rajeshwari B