Defence Minister Rajnath Singh is set to inaugurate the Bharat Drone Shakti 2023 exhibition at Hindan Air Base in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. In addition to the exhibition, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will formally induct the C-295 transport aircraft into the Indian Air Force. Key military officials, including IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari, will be in attendance for this significant event.
Details of the C-295 Aircraft
- The Indian Air Force recently received its first C-295 aircraft, marking a significant milestone.
- This acquisition follows a Rs 21,935-crore deal between New Delhi and Airbus Defence and Space, which was signed two years ago.
- Airbus is responsible for delivering the initial 16 aircraft in a ‘fly-away’ condition from its final assembly line in Seville, with completion expected by 2025.
- An industrial partnership between Airbus and Tata Advanced Systems (TASL) in India will oversee the manufacturing and assembly of the subsequent 40 aircraft.
- IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari, along with other top military officials, will join Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in inaugurating the Bharat Drone Shakti-2023 exhibition.
This event not only highlights the Indian Air Force’s modernization efforts but also showcases India’s growing capabilities in the field of defense technology.