India joins Agriculture Innovation Mission
India has joined a global initiative started by the US and the UAE to boost funding and assistance for the development of climate-smart agriculture and food systems. The two countries together launched the Agricultural Innovation Mission for Climate (AIM4C) in November 2021.
India joins Agriculture Innovation Mission: Key Points
- On the sidelines of the I2U2 – Israel, India, the United States, and the United Arab Emirates – Business Forum in Abu Dhabi, Joint Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Dammu Ravi signed a letter stating India’s intention to join the AIM4C.
- There was a first-ever I2U2 Business Forum.
- The mission will serve as an example of the advantages of group dedication. It will seek to enhance investments in novel agricultural technology, smart agriculture, and the food chain.
- Frameworks will be developed to encourage technical debates, knowledge, and expertise.
- This will be accomplished by increasing investments at the national and international levels.
- To develop information sharing and action-related infrastructure for governments, scientists, and other stakeholders.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams
- UN Chairman: António Guterres
- Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare: Narendra Singh Tomar