India will export missiles, rockets, and ammunition to Armenia after the recent clashes between Armenia and Azerbaijan. The missiles will also include Indigenous Pinaka Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher. India has signed this deal with Armenia to help them to depend on the country against their neighboring country Azerbaijan.
Key Points related to the Agreement between India and Armenia
- India signed an order for arms export through a government-to-Government route through which the two nations inked contracts.
- The government has not revealed the exact value of the contract; however, it is estimated that India will supply weapons worth more than Rs 2,000 crore.
- India will also export Indigenous Pinaka Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher.
- Pinaka has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and manufactured by indigenous private sector firms.
- India will also provide anti-tank rockets as well as a wide range of ammunition to Armenia under the bundled deal.
- This contract will push the efforts of the government to increase the export of weapons with policy reforms and active support the government.
- The center has also set a target to sell weapon systems worth Rs 35,000 crore abroad by 2025.