The 90th General Assembly of Interpol is going to be held in New Delhi from 18th October to 21st October 2022. The 90th General Assembly of Interpol will have the world’s largest police body with 195 members. The General Assembly is the International policing organization’s top governing body and meets once a year to take important decisions.
Key Points related to the 90th General Assembly of Interpol
- The meeting will be attended by 2,000 overseas dignitaries, including Ministers, Police Chiefs, Police Officers, and support staff
- The General Assembly is taking place in India after 25 years.
- The last General Assembly held in India was in the year 1997.
- This was initiated by the Union Home Minister Amit Shah to Interpol Secretary General Jurgen Stock.
- The General Assembly is the supreme governing body of Interpol.
- It is an organization that was founded in 1923 to bring international Corporations into law enforcement.
- The organization has 90 million records spread across 17 databases.