Uttarakhand has become the first state in the country to initiate the process of implementing the Centre’s New Education Policy. Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami has initiated this process by inaugurating ‘Bal Vatikas’ at Anganwadi Kendra across the state to strengthen the pre-primary education system.
About the Bal Vatika:
- The ‘Bal Vatikas’ will function at 4,457 Anganwadi Kendra in the state and will be equivalent to the nursery classes at a private school.
- The implementation of the New Education Policy (NEP) marks the beginning of culture-based education in the country focusing on the overall personality development of students.
- The NEP replaces the Macaulay system of education which was followed in the country for decades. “It offers children an opportunity to pursue choice-based education. They can now study the subjects of their choice in the language they are conversant with.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Uttarakhand Capital: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer);
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami;
- Uttarakhand Governor: Gurmit Singh.