The Tripura government has launched a new scheme named ‘Earn with Learn’ to bring back those who had dropped out of schools following the outbreak of Covid-19. This scheme is a part of the ‘Vidyalaya Chalo Abhiyan’ (Let’s go to school). The Government attempted to bring back dropouts in 2020 by implementing the Vidyalaya Chalo Abhiyan, which was first started in 2009 but was unable to make any progress due to the pandemic. About 9,000 students between the age group of 6 to14 had dropped out of school during the pandemic.
Under the Earn with Learn scheme:
- The ‘Earn with Learn’ initiative of the Tripura Education Department would involve third-year students from all colleges in conducting surveys to detect dropouts across classes.
- Each volunteer will be given Rs 500 if they enrol a dropout student in the same school. Anganwadi teachers will assist the volunteers to make sure the programme is a success.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Tripura Capital: Agartala;
- Tripura Chief Minister: Manik Saha;
- Tripura Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya;
- Tripura Tribes: Tripura/Tripuri, Riang, Jamatia.