India is currently unbeaten in the tournament, having won all three of their matches so far. They defeated Australia in their opening match, followed by wins over Afghanistan and Pakistan. Bangladesh, on the other hand, has won two and lost one of their three matches so far. They defeated South Africa and the Netherlands, but lost to England.
India is the clear favorite to win this match, given their current form and the fact that they are playing at home. However, Bangladesh has shown that they are a dangerous side, and they will be looking to upset the odds.
Here is a brief overview of the two teams:
Litton Das, Tanzid Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Towhid Hridoy, Mushfiqur Rahim(w), Mahmudullah, Nasum Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam
Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj
Here are some key pointers surrounding the India vs Bangladesh World Cup 2023 match:
- Bangladesh won the toss and chose to bat first
- Najmul Hossain Shanto is captaining Bangladesh with Shakib al Hasan ruled out
- India have a 3-1 record against Bangladesh in World Cups.
- In the last four ODIs played between the two teams, Bangladesh have beaten India thrice.
- Rohit Sharma has scored 738 runs in 16 ODIs against Bangladesh at an average of 56.76 including 3 centuries.
- Another run fest? The last ODI played in Pune saw over 660 runs being scored.
- Bangladesh played an ODI against India in India way back in 1998.