Tata Advanced Systems successfully delivered the locally developed Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle to the Indian Army. The contract to provide QRFV-Med vehicles to the Indian Army was successfully completed. These armoured vehicles will increase the nation’s protector’s ability to fight in all weather and terrain situations and will offer protection while moving.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- These vehicles will improve the Indian Army’s operational capability during future battles.
- In the last four years, from 2018–19 to 2021–22, the expenditure on defence procurement from foreign sources decreased from 46% of the total expenditure to 36% as a result of the steps implemented by the Centre to promote the manufacture of indigenous defence equipment.
- The initial group of QRFV was inducted by former Chief of Army Staff General MM Naravane.
- The QRFV, Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicle (IPMV), Ultra Long Range Observation System, Monocoque Hull Multi-Role Mine-Protected Armoured Vehicle, and Ultra Long Range Observation System were all introduced by the Army Chief.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Chief of Army Staff: General Manoj Pande
- Defence Minister of India: Rajnath Singh
Find More News Related to Defence