21st Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF)
Two Indian films bagged awards for the best script writer and best actress in the Asian Film Competition section at the 21st Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF), Bangladesh concluded. Anik Dutta directed film Aparajito (The Undefeated) got the best scriptwriting award while Ketaki Narayan was judged the best actress for her role in Krishnendu Kalesh directed film Prappeda (Hawk’s Muffin).
The Award giving ceremony was preceded by colourful dance performances by the artists of the Shilpkala Academy who performed the traditional dance from the hill areas of Bangladesh among others.
Other awardees in different Categories at 21st Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF)
- Ikkei Watanabe from Japan got the best actor award for the film Nakodo- Matchmakers (Marriage Counsellor)
- The Iranian Film Bi-Mother (Motherless) got the best film award by the jury at the DIFF.
- In the Bangladesh panorama category, Khandaker Sumon directed film Saatao (Memories of Gloomy Monsoons) got the best film award.
- In the Women Filmmakers section, best documentary award was given to the Sri Lankan film ‘Our Mother, Grandmother, Prime Minister: Sirimavo’ on the life of Sri Lanka’s first woman Prime Minister Sirimavo Bandaranaike.
- The best feature film award in the Women Filmmakers section was given to Akouse Me (Listen) from Greece, directed by Maria Douza.
- Katharina Woll was adjudged the best director in this category for her film Alle Wollen Gelibet Werden (Everybody wants to be Loved).
- Mejbaur Rahman Sumon directed movie Hawa got the audience award for the best film while Fakhrul Arefeen Khan directed film JK 1971 got the special audience award.