Indian-origin Dr. Vivek Murthy has been nominated by US President Joe Biden to serve as the country’s representative on the Executive Board of the World Health Organisation. Dr. Murthy will serve as the US Representative on WHO Executive Board and he will continue his duties as the US Surgeon General.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to the Nomination of Dr. Vivek Murthy as US Representative on the WHO Executive Board
- On March 2021, Dr. Vivek Murthy was confirmed to serve as the 21st Surgeon General of the Country.
- Previously, he served as the 19th Surgeon General under the Presidency of Barack Obama.
- Dr. Murthy as the nation’s doctor aims to draw attention to and work across Government to address several critical public health issues.
- Dr. Murthy is also the Vice Admiral of the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps; he also commands a uniformed service of over 6000 dedicated public health officers.
- He is the first Indian-origin Surgeon General of the US, he was raised in Miami and graduated from Harvard, the Yale School of Medicine, and the Yale School of Management.
- He is a renowned physician, research scientist, entrepreneur, and author.