Passengers traveling in Indian Railways can now order food online through WhatsApp while undertaking a journey by using their PNR number. This comes as a step further towards making e-catering services more customer-centric in Indian Railways. The Indian Railways has recently started WhatsApp Communication for railway passengers to order food through e-catering services.
Indian Railways Launches WhatsApp Food Delivery Facility ‘Zoop’- Key Points
- The Indian Railways initially planned a two-stage implementation of e-catering services through WhatsApp Communication.
- In the first phase, the Business WhatsApp number will send a message to the customer booking e-ticket for opting for e-catering services by clicking the link www.ecatering.irctc.co.in.
- The customers will be able to book meals of their choice with this option from the restaurant of their choice available at stations enroute directly through the e-catering website of IRCTC.
- The customers may or may not need to download the app.
- In the next phase of the service, WhatsApp number will be enabled to become an interactive two-way communication platform for the customer.
- An AI power chatbot will handle all queries about e-catering services for the passengers and will also book meals for them.
- WhatsApp Communication gas has been implemented for e-catering services on selected trains based on customer feedback and suggestions.
- Approximately 50,000 meals are served in a day to customers through IRCTC e-catering services enabled through its website.