An Indo-Russian Joint venture has started manufacturing Kalashnikov AK-203 assault rifles in Amethi, Uttar Pradesh. The Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited plans to ensure 100 percent localization of the production of AK-203 rifles in India. The company aims to increase output and upgrade its production facilities to produce advanced rifles based on the Kalashnikov assault rifle platform.
Indo-Russian Joint Venture Embarked Manufacturing AK-203 Assault Rifles in U.P.- Key Points
- The Joint venture, registered and located in India has started producing Kalashnikov assault rifles.
- The founders from the Russian side are Rosoboronexport and Kalashnikov Concern, both are subsidiaries of the Rostec State Corporation.
- Military-Technical Cooperation between the two countries has resulted in the construction of the joint venture Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited.
- The launch of a series production of Kalashnikov AK-203 assault rifles, high-quality, convenient, and modern small arms will begin to enter service with India’s defense and law enforcement agencies.
- The model combines adaptability to different shooters and high-performance characteristics along with excellent ergonomics.
- Korwa Ordnance Factory in Amethi, Uttar Pradesh has produced the first batch of 7.62 mm Kalashnikov AK-203 assault rifles.
- Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited fully complies with the government of India’s Made in India initiative and Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020.
- India is the first country to start producing the AK-200 series assault rifles of the world-famous brand.
- The AK-200 series assault rifles have retained all the advantages of the traditional AK Scheme, reliability, durability, and ease of maintenance.
- They have fully met the latest requirements for firearms in the world in terms of ergonomics and the ability to mount high-tech additional equipment.