An Indo-Russian Joint venture has started manufacturing Kalashnikov AK-203 assault rifles in Amethi, Uttar Pradesh. The Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited plans to ensure 100 percent localization of the production of AK-203 rifles in India. The company aims to increase output and upgrade its production facilities to produce advanced rifles based on the Kalashnikov assault rifle platform.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Indo-Russian Joint Venture Embarked Manufacturing AK-203 Assault Rifles in U.P.- Key Points
- The Joint venture, registered and located in India has started producing Kalashnikov assault rifles.
- The founders from the Russian side are Rosoboronexport and Kalashnikov Concern, both are subsidiaries of the Rostec State Corporation.
- Military-Technical Cooperation between the two countries has resulted in the construction of the joint venture Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited.
- The launch of a series production of Kalashnikov AK-203 assault rifles, high-quality, convenient, and modern small arms will begin to enter service with India’s defense and law enforcement agencies.
- The model combines adaptability to different shooters and high-performance characteristics along with excellent ergonomics.
- Korwa Ordnance Factory in Amethi, Uttar Pradesh has produced the first batch of 7.62 mm Kalashnikov AK-203 assault rifles.
- Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited fully complies with the government of India’s Made in India initiative and Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020.
- India is the first country to start producing the AK-200 series assault rifles of the world-famous brand.
- The AK-200 series assault rifles have retained all the advantages of the traditional AK Scheme, reliability, durability, and ease of maintenance.
- They have fully met the latest requirements for firearms in the world in terms of ergonomics and the ability to mount high-tech additional equipment.
Find More News Related to Agreements