Artifact, a new artificial intelligence (AI)-powered personalized news feed application by Instagram co-founders Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, is available to everyone, along with new features. Now, anyone can download and use the new application and no waitlist or phone number is required. The application is available for both iOS and Android users.
Instagram Founders Open Artifact News App to Everyone- Key Points
- With the new version of the application, users can connect their contacts and see articles that are popular in their network.
- By connecting the contacts, people will start seeing articles with a special badge when they’ve been read by at least several of their contact.
- Moreover, the company also added another tool to help users visualize reading history.
- After reading 10 articles, users will be able to see statistics on what they read the most from their profile.
- Users will see a thumbs-down icon on every article page so that they can tell the company “why you don’t like an article or publisher and take action to see fewer articles like it or less from that publisher”.
- Users can also add a phone number from their “Profile” which will save their preferences and history.
- Adding a phone number allows users to log in across devices or regain access if they get a new phone.