Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan launched India’s first indigenously developed ‘100 Octane premium petrol’ through video conferencing. Octane ratings are measures of fuel stability that increases engine efficiency. The high octane premium grade petrol will be marketed under the brand ‘XP-100’. It has been developed by Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) at its Mathura refinery in Uttar Pradesh.
Availability of “XP-100”:
- XP-100 will be made available in a phased manner across the country and in the first phase, it will be made available in 10 cities. The cities are Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Agra, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad.
- With this launch, India has joined a select league of nations globally that have such superior quality fuel. Till date, such quality of fuel is available only in six countries including USA, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Malaysia and Israel.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited Chairperson: Shrikant Madhav Vaidya.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited Founded: 30 June 1959.