Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE), Vinit Kumar takes over the charge of CEO, KVIC Central Office, KVIC Mumbai. He is appointed as CEO, Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVlC), Mumbai under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. He was welcomed by Shri Manoj Kumar, Hon’ble Chairman, KVIC at Central Office, Mumbai.
Khadi & Village Industries Commission: Career
- Vinit Kumar, an IRSEE officer of 1993 batch, has served as the Chairman of Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port, Kolkata (erstwhile Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Port, Kolkata) before taking over as the Chief Executive Officer of Khadi and Village Industries Commission and also served as Chief Electrical Engineer in Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd. and looked after World Bank funded MUTP project before joining as CEO, KVIC.
- Shri Kumar joined administrative post of Secretary, Central Railway and gained experience in general administration. He worked in Central Railway in Mumbai suburban system, one of the densest suburban system in the world in maintenance and operations of rolling stock and traction installations. He also worked in Pune and Nagpur in independent charge of traction assets and locomotive workshop.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Khadi & Village Industries Commission Founded: 1956
- Khadi & Village Industries Commission Headquarters: Mumbai
- Khadi & Village Industries Commission Agency executive: Manoj Kumar (Chairperson)