The Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (UTDB) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to promote adventure sports activities at Tehri Lake in the state.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
According to the MoU:
- ITBP along with the department will now work on the building of adventure sports activities like land base adventure centre, water base adventure centre, aero base adventure centre at Rajiv Gandhi Adventure Sports Academy situated at Tehri Lake.
- It will train over 200 candidates selected by the state government or tourism department every year free of cost. All arrangements and expenses for the operation of and training in the academy will be borne by the ITBP.
- The ITBP has prepared the road map for development and taking over of the water adventure facility near Tehri Lake and submitted to the state government for finalising a tie-up for the project to bolster tourism in Uttarakhand.
- It would use the training infrastructure built by the state government for training and sporting purpose for all types in areas surrounding Tehri Lake, following security and other norms stipulated by the state.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Uttarakhand: Trivendra Singh Rawat; Governor: Baby Rani Maurya.
- Director-General of ITBP: Surjeet Singh Deswal.
Find More News Related to Agreements