Japan wins the singles finals of the 2022 Japan Open Badminton Tournament in Osaka. Japan is the host country of the 2022 Japan Open Badminton Tournament. Nishimoto Kenta, 28 years old, won his first career title in the men’s. Yamaguchi Akane, World Champion won for the second successive week in women. After three years, Japan Open was held for the first time due to the pandemic and only Yamaguchi managed to defend her title.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
- Nishimoto managed to outlast Chou Tien Chen, with 21-19, 21-23, 21-17.
- Watanabe Yuta/Higashino Arisa, Japanese finalist in the mixed doubles were forced to settle for runners-up for the second straight week
- This allowed, Dechapol Puavaranukroh/Sapsiree Taerattanachai to win the mixed doubles by 16-21, 23-21, and 21-18.
- In the men’s doubles, which was the fifth Tournament, Liang Wei Keng/Wang Chang of China won their first title in their first final, they defeated the Danish duo of Kim Astrup/Anders Skaarup Rasmussen by 21-18, 13-21, 21-17.
- Jeong Na Eun/Kim Hye Jeong defeated Baek Ha Na/Lee Yu Rim from the Republic of Korea by 23-21, 28-26 for the women’s doubles crown.