Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha has announced that the government is coming up with a movement called ”My Town My Pride” from October 19 to provide governance at the doorsteps in urban areas on the pattern of the ”Back to Village” programme.
The three main objectives of the programme:
- Public outreach in towns
- Strengthening grassroots democracy
- Service delivery at doorsteps
Features of “My Town My Pride”:
- The programme will also ensure that on-the-spot grievance redressal, instant delivery of services to the masses, and on the ground speedy execution of people-centric projects.
- The “My Town My Pride” programme anticipates the time-bound delivery of documents like domicile, SC/ST/RBA/ALC/OBC certificates, revenue
- This programme will also ensure the time-bound delivery of benefits of various welfare schemes like pensions, scholarships, PMAY, KCC, Health golden cards, Ladli Beti, etc.