K-DISC Signs MoU with LinkedIn
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategy Council (K-DISC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, along with the ICT Academy of Kerala (ICTAK) under the Kerala Knowledge Economy Mission (KKEM) as a part of Connect Career to Campus campaign (CCC). Kerala government aims to boost employability skills with this partnership among the youth of Kerala to get relevant jobs using LinkedIn.
The MoU was signed and exchanged in the inaugural event of the CCC campaign in the presence of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, Minister of Labour and General Education V. Sivankutty, Minster of Higher Education R. Bindu, Minster of LSGD M.V. Govindan and MLA Kadakampally Surendran.
- State Government announces that various products and services will be made available for the students on LinkedIn.
- The products and services include LinkedIn Insights, curated LinkedIn learning courses, and LinkedIn jobs.
- LinkedIn will help the students to create their online professional brands.
- The Executive Vice Chairperson of K-DISC Dr. K.M Abraham ensured that the courses provided to the students will be most updated and modern, and will be relevant to the industry.
- Ruchee Anand, the Senior Director, Talent and Learning solutions, LinkedIn, makes it easier for the students to understand that through LinkedIn they can fill the gap between upcoming job seekers and professional skills.
What is K-DISC?
K-DISC stands for Kerala Development and Innovation Strategy Council, which is a strategic think-tank and advisory body constituted by the Government of Kerala.
What is ICTAK?
ICTAK stands for ICT Academy of Kerala. It is a social enterprise created in a public partnership model for imparting ICT skills to the youth of Kerala. It is also supported by the Government of India under the partnership of the Government of Kerala and the IT industry.
What is the CCC campaign?
CCC stands for Connect Career to Campus campaign. This campaign works with the aim of ‘Right Job @ Right Time’. It spreads awareness among the youth about emerging industry 4.0 jobs, changes in global labor markets, and the needs for the skills to encourage the students.