The ‘Year of Enterprises’ Project was recognized as the best practices model at the National Conference on Micro Small and Medium Enterprises. The ‘Year of Enterprises’ aimed to create 1,00,000 enterprises and has successfully created 1,18,509 enterprises and got investment worth ₹7,261.54 crores.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The National Conference on Micro Small and Medium Enterprises was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi where he discussed enhancing cooperative federalism and smooth relations between the center and states.
Adda247 Yearbook 2022 Download PDF
Kerala ‘Year of Enterprises’ Project Acknowledged as Best Practice Model- Key Points
- The Kerala government has stated that the ‘Year of Enterprises’ Project has created 2,56,140 jobs till now.
- The ‘Year of Enterprises’ Project was inaugurated by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on 30th March 2022.
- The project achieved its target within just eight months in November.
- In November, the project achieved a target of 1,01,353 enterprises and created an investment of Rs 6282 crore.
- Under the ‘Year of Enterprises’ Project, Malappuram and Ernakulam created more than 20,000 job opportunities.
- Other districts including Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Kozhikode, and Palakkad created more than 15,000 job opportunities.
- The project created 40,622 agriculture and food processing jobs through 16,129 enterprises with an investment of Rs 963.68 crore.
- In garments and textile, 22,312 job opportunities through 10,743 enterprises with an investment of Rs 474 crore.
- 7,454 jobs were created through 4,014 enterprises in the electrical and electronics sectors with an investment of Rs 241 crore.
- The service sector created 7,048 new enterprises with Rs 428 crore investment and created 16,156 job opportunities.