Khadi and Village Industry Commission (KVIC), a statutory body under the Ministry of MSME, is organizing a Scheme of Fund for the Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI) Mela at Dilli Haat, New Delhi. The SFURTI Mela will be organized from 1st October 2022 to 15th October 2022.
The national-level exhibition of Traditional products from SFURTI clusters is being organized for the first time to promote Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. SFURTI is initiated by MSME Ministry to promote cluster development.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to SFURTI Mela
- Under the SFURTI Mela, traditional artisans are organized into clusters for manufacturing value-added traditional products to enhance their income.
- The clusters will cover traditional sectors including handloom, handicrafts, khadi, coir, agro-products, etc.
- Till now, SFURTI has supported 498 clusters across the country directly benefiting around three lakh artisans.
- This year, SFURTI Mela will welcome 100 artisans from 50 SFURTI clusters, covering 28 states.
- These clusters will showcase their traditional products of handloom, handicrafts, khadi, coir, and agro-products.
- SFURTI Mela aims to promote traditional products from across the country among the citizens, during the festive times.
- The SFURTI Mela will open new aspects and opportunities for the artisans for marketing and sales of these cluster products.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here