Saudi Arabia has won the bid to host the 2029 Asian Winter Games at a planned Mountain Resort in the Gulf Arab State. The Asian Games will be held at a $500 billion futuristic megacity in the desert that will feature a year-round winter sports complex. The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) said that the deserts and mountains of Saudi Arabia will be turned into a playground for winter sports.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to Asian Winter Games in Saudi Arabia
- The bid by Saudi Arabia was approved without any opposition.
- The Megacity known as NEOM will be the first West Asian City to host the event.
- The Asian winter games will take place in Trojena, an area of NEOM.
- During winter temperature drop below zero and generally is 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the region in Trojena.
- Trojena will include year-round skiing, a man-made freshwater lake, chalets, mansions, and ultra-luxury hotels, which are said to be completed in 2026.
- The Asian Winter Games include skiing, snowboarding, ice hockey, and figure skating.
- In total there are 47 events in the Asian Winter Games and out of that 28 are on snow, and 10 are on ice.