Minister of Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurated three welfare initiatives of the Department of Justice. The services launched are-
1. Pro-bono legal services- Through the Pro bono legal services, lawyers who want to provide legal services free of cost can register themselves on a web-based platform.
2. Tele-law service- It aims to connect marginalized communities with lawyers through video conferencing facilities, to be set up at Common Service Centres (CSCs).
3. Nyaya Mitra Project- It aims to reduce pendency in lower courts, with a special focus on cases which are more than ten years old.
Takeaways from above News-
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad is Minister of Law and Justice
- He launched 3 welfare initiatives viz. Pro-bono legal services, Tele-law service and Nyaya Mitra project
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The Indian Express