Laxman Rawat of PSPB overcame fellow PSPB challenger Aditya Mehta 9-6 in a best-of-17-frame final. Laxman Rawat of PSPB emerged victorious in the ‘Baulkline’ NSCI All India Snooker Open. Previously, Laxman Rawat won the runner-up in the last edition of the All India Snooker Open losing to Sourav Kothari in the finals. This win marks Laxman Rawat’s first major title after 2 to 3 years.
Laxman Rawat Won National Sports Club of India Snooker Open Crown 2023- Key Points
- Laxman Rawat of the Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) won the NSCI Snooker Open 2023 against Aditya Mehta.
- Laxman Rawat received Rs 3 lakh cash prize while Aditya Mehta received Rs 1.5 lakh.
- The summit clash contested between the accomplished Indian Oil Cueists Rawat and Mehta witnessed top-quality positive play as both were aggressive and went for their shots.
- Rawat was more consistent and managed to wrest the initiative and enjoy a 5-3 lead at the break.
- Rawat was a bit scratchy, and Mehta did well to win frames to draw level at 5-all and stay in. the fight.
- Rawat gained the moment in the next three frames to surge to an 8-5 lead.
- Aditya Mehta managed to take some time in the 14th frame.
- However, Rawat was destined to win the game in the next frame.
About NSCI Snooker Open Crown
The NSCI Snooker Open Crown is a snooker tournament organized by the National Sports Club of India (NSCI). The tournament is open to players from all over India and features a best-of-17-frame final. The tournament is considered a major title in Indian snooker and the champion of the tournament is awarded the NSCI Snooker Crown.