Lieutenant Governor R K Mathur launched the Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) in the Union Territory, with both hill councils of Kargil and Leh welcoming the initiative. The 14-digit ULPIN would help in the digitization of land records and also reach a conclusive land titling.
Terming ULPIN as a “game changer” and the next step in ‘SVAMITVA’ for digitization and computerization of land revenue records. R K Mathur informed the importance of 100 percent coverage of land revenue records in Ladakh and completion of the exercise at the earliest.
Lt Governor R K Mathur Launched ULPIN in Ladakh Calls it a ‘Game Changer’- Key Points
- R K Mathur emphasized the need for the saturation coverage of not only the ‘Abadi deh’ (inhabited) areas but the entire Ladakh by the administration with the help of both the hill councils through its schemes and funds.
- Mathur noted the plans to increase the Abadi deh area in Ladakh, including carving out Abadi deh areas in wildlife sanctuaries and national parks in Ladakh.
- He also informed that the administration, along with both the hill councils, will work with the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) to cover the increased abadi-deh areas in the UT.
- The UPLIN scheme will prove beneficial in numerous ways, including settling and expediting land-related disputes in court and addressing legacy issues such as putting a check on any unwanted change in land revenue records.
- He also said the scheme would prove beneficial to farmers in availing loans from banks and also using drones to spray insecticides and pesticides on the registered lands of the farmers.
- The scheme would prove beneficial to collect accurate land records and land areas for hilly land to record the vertical dimension of land.
- He also stated that the scheme would be a blessing for industrialists and entrepreneurs and help in the overall development of Ladakh.