The American India Foundation (AIF) inaugurated India’s first STEM Innovation and Learning Center (SILC) in the presence of the Minister for School Education, Thiru Anbil Mahesh Poyyamozhi. STEM Innovation and Learning Center is inaugurated under the scheme of Vanavil Mandram at the Government Higher Secondary School, MMDA Colony, Chennai.
American India Foundation Inaugurated First STEM Innovation and Learning Center in Chennai – Key Points
- AIF’s award-winning flagship education program- Digital Equalizer has designed the Centre to be a one-stop solution for STEM among students and teachers.
- The Centre will introduce students to a transdisciplinary learning approach through robotics, AI, Space Technology, and the STEM Incubation workstation.
- It aims to nurture their curiosity in advanced STEM courses while also assisting them in developing their innovative ideas into prototypes and providing a platform to take part in State, National, or international level competitions.
- The Centre also consists of a Technology Corner for Teachers.
- The Tech Corner is fitted with a smart lab, and it will facilitate teachers to conduct techno-pedagogy-enabled classes for their students as well as receive training on the Digital Equalizer Way of Teaching (DEWoT)- A unique method developed by AIF to address all types of learning in the classroom.
- The center also contains a Studio Setup to assist teachers in creating high-quality DE Edu reels.