Madhya Pradesh wins senior women’s national hockey championship
Hockey Madhya Pradesh was named the winner of the 13th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship in 2023 after defeating Hockey Maharashtra 5-1 in the championship game in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh. In the meantime, Hockey Jharkhand finished third after winning the third-place game against Hockey Haryana.
Madhya Pradesh wins senior women’s national hockey championship: Match Highlights
- Diksha Tiwari converted two early on in the game as Hockey Madhya Pradesh used penalty corners to defeat Hockey Maharashtra in today’s Final.
- Hockey Maharashtra had a chance to win with just a few seconds left thanks to a goal from Lalrindiki (25′), but Hockey Madhya Pradesh won with to goals from Manmeet Kaur (38′), Preeti Dubey (42′), and Aishwarya Chavan (42′).
- In the third-place game, Hockey Jharkhand defeated Hockey Haryana 2-1. Reshma Soreng (59′) doubled the lead at the very end after Roshni Dungdung (25′) had given her team a slim lead.
- Hockey Haryana’s Devika Sen (60′) pulled one back for a glimmer of hope, but they failed to take advantage of this chance, and Hockey Jharkhand won the game.
Albela Rani Toppo was seen vying for every ball, and she was awarded Player of the Match for her remarkable effort.
Who won the Individual honours?
In addition, Hockey India presented honours to individuals who excelled during the Championship. Individual Prizes for the 2023 13th Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship are:
- Sonal Minj (C) is the best goalkeeper (Hockey Jharkhand)
- Pratibha Arya is the best defender (Hockey Madhya Pradesh)
- Manashri Narendra Shedage is the best midfielder (Hockey Maharashtra)
- Albela Rani Toppo is the best forward (Hockey Jharkhand)
Check: MP Board 10th Result 2023
Check: MP Board 12th Result 2023