During the 9th general body meeting of the National Fisheries Development Board, Shri Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairy, introduced the “Aqua Bazar” online market place feature in the “MatsyaSetu” mobile app. The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana was used to fund the development of the MatsyaSetu app by the ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (ICAR-CIFA), Bhubaneswar, with assistance from the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad (PMMSY). The Aqua Bazar, online market will assist fish farmers and other interested parties in locating the inputs—such as fish seeds, feed, medicines, etc.—and services needed for fish cultivation. Farmers may also offer their table-size fish for sale on the Aqua Bazar market. The Aqua Bazar marketplace intends to link up all parties involved in aquaculture.
Aqua Bazar: Key Points
- For the success and expansion of freshwater aquaculture in the nation, reliable information regarding the timely availability of high-quality inputs in the appropriate locations Aqua Bazar is absolutely essential.
- Occasionally, during the growing season, fish farmers have trouble finding essential, high-quality inputs including fish seeds, feed, feed ingredients, fertiliser, nutraceuticals, additives, and medications.
- The productivity of their fish culture operation would suffer significantly from any delay in getting these supplies.
- Additionally, farmers occasionally seek out services like farm building, renting assistance, harvesting labour, etc.
- Similar to this, fish growers may have trouble selling their products in the market (Aqua Bazar) or can only rely on a small number of customers or agents to buy their fish.
MatsyaSetu” mobile app: Key Points
- This MatsyaSetu digital platform was created by ICAR-CIFA and NFDB to solve the issue and bring all the stakeholders together in one location.
- Any registered merchant can list their input materials on this MatsyaSetu site.
- Based on the listed items’ proximity to the app user, the Aqua Bazar marketplace will display them.
- The MatsyaSetu listings are divided into the following main groups: table fish, services, input materials, input materials for fish, and fish seeds.
- Each ad will include contact information for the vendor as well as comprehensive information on the goods, price, amount that is available, and supply area.
- Farmers and other stakeholders in need can get in touch with the suppliers to complete their purchases.
Matsya Setu App’s Aqua Bazaar: Important Takeaways
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying: Shri Parshottam Rupala
- Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry: Shri L. Murugan
- Minister of State for Fisheries Animal Husbandry: Shri Sanjeev Balyan