Kerala state government has issued orders regarding the implementation of a medical insurance “MEDISEP” scheme for government employees and pensioners and the deduction of premium from the salary of June 2022 and pension of July 2022. MEDISEP scheme is applicable to government employees, pensioners/family pensioners and their eligible family members and employees and pensioners of universities that receive grant in aid from the state government and the local self-government institutions.
About the scheme:
- The scheme provides cashless medical assistance through an insurance company selected through the competitive bidding process. As per the scheme, the premium on behalf of the employees and pensioners towards MEDISEP shall be paid by the government in advance and will be recouped from the salary of employees and pensioners.
- The annual premium of the employees and the pensioners will be Rs 4,800 + 18% GST for the policy period of 2022-24, and the monthly premium of Rs 500 would be deducted from the salary/pension. The scheme is applicable to universities and local self-government institutions as well.
- The scheme is also applicable to directly recruited personal staff of the chief minister, ministers, opposition leader, the chief whip, Speaker, deputy speaker and chairman of the financial committees.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan;
- Kerala Capital: Thiruvananthapuram;
- Kerala Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan.