A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed between the Meghalaya police and the State Bank of India for implementation of the e-Challan within the jurisdiction of the Shillong Traffic Police (STP). The e-Challan system which will be launched in the days to come is a digital traffic enforcement solution whereby, imposing penalties on violators of traffic rules and generating of challan will be done digitally.
About the system:
- The system has been integrated with VAHAN & SARATHI applications and this will enable the Traffic Officials to fetch the details of the traffic violator such as vehicle and driver’s details through these applications, thereby, reducing the time taken to issue challan.
- The payment for traffic violations can be transacted on the spot through cash payment or through instant card payments by swiping at Point of Sale (POS) machine available with the Traffic Officials; options are also available for the traffic violator to make payments at the Traffic Branches by producing the issued e-Challan at the respective Traffic Units.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Meghalaya Capital: Shillong.
- Meghalaya Governor: Satya Pal Malik.
- Meghalaya Chief minister: Conrad Sangma.